Sunday, February 26, 2006

Maryland still thinks they have a chance at earning an NCAA Tournament berth.

I'll wait here while you finishing laughing ...

I know I made the case for Maryland a few weeks ago, but that's before I realized it is incapable of winning without Chris McCray.

The Terps have lost 6 of 8 heading into Chapel Hill today. After that they host Miami and then play at UVa. in the final game at University Hall.
Friend of the Nation, Eric Prisbell, writes 8-8 in the conference and one win in the ACC Tournament would likely be enough.

Maybe.

Still, the only quality team Maryland has beaten this year is Boston College and that was way back in early December. That would play against them when being considered for an at-large berth.

And it doesn't matter anyway. I can't see Maryland winning two of those last three.

Carolina is playing so well right now that the Terps won't go into Chapel Hill and win. Miami is a toss-up, although even in College Park I'd give the edge to the Canes at this point. And winning what will be a very emotional game in Charlottesville doesn't seem likely.

But, hey, we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home