Friday, June 09, 2006

The ACC Nation's Evening Edition

OK, OK. I've been derelict in my duties the last couple of days. I'll do better (although I worry about the amount of ACC news I'll find over the next month or so. Still, I'll do my best to find quality stories for you, our dear readers).

I never got the chance to comment on ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd's rant against UVa. a week or so ago. But now the Roanoke Times' Doug Doughty has done it for me. Let me just write that if Cowherd isn't the worst sports-talk-show host on a national network, he's quickly moving up (down?) to claim that spot. I still miss TK.

While we're at it, here's some more UVa. talk.

We missed this story yesterday, although Chris Graham did report the rumors earlier this week. Virginia Tech has a new baseball coach, one who should be familiar with the ACC.

More news on the rape allegations against three Duke lacrosse players. The second dancer at the now infamous part told authorities that the accuser's story was "a crock." And the defense lawyers in the case are disputing some of the information that has come out.

Good story on FSU track star Ricardo Chambers.

Another quarterback has decided not to play at Miami. Instead, Daniel Stegall will play baseball in the New York Mets' minor-league system. That makes three quarterbacks that have left the Hurricanes high and dry in recent months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home