Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Meineke Who Cares? Bowl
What passes for big news in the world of Atlantic Coast Conference football this week has to do with the scheduling of the Meineke Car Care Bowl.
(Yes, the pickings are that slim.)
Mark your calendars - it's set for Saturday, Dec. 30, at 1 p.m.
And this is good news for the sixth- or seventh-place team or whoever ends up getting in from the ACC - I can't find my list of bowl tie-ins, so I can't get any more specific than that.
See, last year, the game had to start at 11 a.m. because ESPN2 said so. But now with the 1 p.m. kickoff, the game can move over to The Worldwide Leader - ostensibly so more homes can tune into something other than the less-than-scintillating matchup featuring an ACC also-ran and an also-ran from the Big East.
The sound that you hear is me sighing that it's 2006, and we still don't have any movement toward a college-football playoff.
- Chris Graham

3 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home